Accounts & Business Services Executive
As part of the growth plans at Ribchesters, Chartered Accounts we are looking to expand our existing team based at our busy office in Belmont Business Park, Durham.
Ideally, the candidate should possess AAT level 4 qualifications (or due to sit the final AAT professional exams), who has gained a foundation of practical experience working in a private accountancy practice (preferably with a minimum of 2 years’ experience). We would also welcome applications from those in the early stages of ACA or ACCA exams, with similar practical experience. We will offer support and training to build upon the individuals existing knowledge, and whilst not essential to the role, will give full study support for any candidates wishing to progress with professional qualifications such as ACA or ACCA.
Working alongside senior members of the team, the role will include mixed responsibilities, giving the candidate a broad range of experience, which will include, but will not be limited to:
- Statutory year end accounts production for Limited Companies.
- Accounts production for some Sole Trader and Partnership businesses.
- Preparation of VAT returns from prime records Communications management responsibilities, including issue of e-newsletters (post & central emails inwards/outwards).
- An opportunity to get involved in audit work.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Liaising with both clients and HMRC.
The successful candidate will likely have most/all of the following attributes:
- Previous experience of working in an accountancy practice.
- Attention to detail with excellent numerical and literacy skills.
- A high level of IT literacy with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- The ability to pick up new systems of work quickly.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work individually, as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of accountancy based software such as Xero, Sage or Quickbooks.
An attractive remuneration & bonus scheme package is available. This is reflective upon the level of experience and is to be discussed/agreed.
The role is primarily office based. There is free parking onsite and the office is easy to access.