(Part time) Bookkeeper
We are looking for an exceptional hands-on and versatile Bookkeeper to join our team on a part-time basis (initially). This position is a flexible part-time role initially amounting to 21 – 25 hours per week.
The successful candidate will work within our Accounting & Audit team assisting with bookkeeping for a variety of business clients. The role will involve processing sales invoices, receipts and payments on behalf of clients (generally on their cloud based accounting package) and undertaking bank/cash reconciliations as required. The individual will also support with VAT and management accounting, ensuring that deadlines and proper accounting standards are met.
The ideal candidate will have the following;
- Bookkeeping experience is essential.
- A working proficiency of a cloud based accounting packages (such as Xero, Kashflow, Quickbooks and Sage One).
- IT-literate – Including Microsoft Word, Excel and Office.
- VAT experience.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Organised and methodical.
- Carrying out tasks with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to operate to strict deadlines and handle conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
The role will principally be based at our office in Durham City. However regular face to face contact with clients at their premises in the region is likely.
The salary for this position is flexible depending on experience.
Please forward a full CV outlining relevant experience and salary expectations to