We are seeking an Administration Team member based at our busy office in Belmont Business Park, Durham.
The position is part time with hours to be discussed and agreed. The likely weekly hours are 21 – 28 hours with a requirement for flexibility for holiday cover of other Administration Team members. Whilst we are flexible to some degree on which days those hours are undertaken on we would anticipate need for at least some on a Friday (subject to our flexible working arrangement policy).
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Debtors’ ledger and credit control management (including credit arrangement administration) which we estimate to be around 1/3rd of the working time.
- Maintenance and management of filing systems (electronic and paper) including offsite arrangements.
- Reception cover including managing client telephone calls, meetings etc.
- Communications management responsibilities, including issue of e-newsletters (post & central emails inwards/outwards).
- Assistance with firm’s own financial affairs (assistance with invoice processing and time write offs, timesheet processing, dealing with new client take on procedures etc).
- Resources management (stationary, computer consumables & general resources).
- General client admin (annual tax investigation insurance related matters, Registered Office management and invoicing, other reminders, general typing etc).
- Ad hoc assistance with promotional matters and practice development.
The successful candidate will likely have most/all of the following attributes:
- Debtors’ ledger and control management experience required.
- Previous experience of working in an office environment (an accountancy practice would be advantageous but not a necessity), performing general administration and clerical duties.
- Attention to detail with excellent numerical and literacy skills.
- A high level of IT literacy with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- The ability to pick up new systems of work quickly.
- Excellent communication skills with a confident and clear telephone manner.
- The ability to work individually, as well as part of a team
The role is subject to the completion of a probationary period, with a view to offering a permanent position following probation.
The salary is to be discussed and dependent on experience.
The role is office based.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, we are unable to provide feedback to the individual applicants.
Part-time hours: 21 – 28 per week
Application deadline: 21/07/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £12,500.00-£16,000.00 per year